1. Imagine a white light surrounding you from head to toe as protection against danger and harm.
2. Legend claims that evil spirits avoid the sound of bells or wind chimes. Ever wonder why churches have bells?!
3. Burn protective herbs or weave them in decorative wreaths: basil, frankincense, lavender, myrrh, mandrake, rosemary, sage, valerian root, cedar wood, and orrisroot.
4. Pray for protection against evil and bad spirits.
5. Burn incense with oil essences of sandalwood, frankincense, rosemary, garlic or honeysuckle.
7. Hang garlic above a door.
8. Meditate daily for stronger spirituality.
9. Sixteenth century folklore claimed horseshoes ward off witches. Hang one above the front door, upside down or not.
10. Attach a mezuzah to the outside door for protection. Mezuzahs contain verses from the Torah.
11. In each room, hang a flat mirror that faces the doorway. A ghost will see its reflection and be scared away.
12. It is easier for ghosts to control people who constantly think negative thoughts or live in a state of fear. Think positive!
13. Be assertive with the ghost: Tell it to leave and not come back.