Thursday, April 29, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes

I recently spoke at a school Career Fair with classes of 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. Try as I might, they really weren't as interested in what I did or what I'd learned in school as it was the ghostly photographs that grabbed the attention. And whether you spell it "gost" "goast" or "ghost," these kids had plenty to say...

******************************

hey Mrs. Maddox,

I think you have an interesting career! I love your profession and think you are an interesting lady. You're career is risky--

p.s. barlys is "NOT" haunted.

******************************

Dear Ms. Maddox,
Thank you for coming. I am really intrested in ghosts.
Sincerely,
V.
P.S. Your a brave person.

******************************

Dear Ms Maddox
Thank you for showing us those pictures of those ghost they could be a little scary but when I get a little older I could come
sincerely
A.G.
P.S ghost are scary

******************************

So I'm interesting, brave and a risk-taker?! And Barley's not haunted? The staff who have had paranormal experiences may not buy into that. And how else to explain the image in the blog "Barley's Boo" (December 7, 2009) or this picture taken in front of Barley's door!?

No comments: